Arrk Limited (registered in England under number 03574335) and Onevoice Digital Limited (registered in England under number 10842253) each of whose registered office is at 196 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WF) (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather and process data in accordance with the prevailing data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process personal data we collect about you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data.
This policy affects the following websites:
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide:
- approaching us to supply services
- by filling in your student union membership application form;
- by interacting with our website, in particular by participating on our blog;
- requesting further information, services or content; and
- completing surveys and questionnaires.This includes your title, gender, age, full name, address and other communication contact information, academic achievements; course of study, university or further education establishment, job title, industry affiliation, company affiliation, specialism, club membership and personal interests, disability and ethnicity information.
- Information that you provide:
- Details of your visits to our website. This may include, but is not limited to:
- details of the computer or other device that you are using;
- details of the web browser you are using;
- details of your language settings;
- traffic data;
- location data;
- other communication data; and
- IP address data
- Information provided by reputable third-party data sources such as student unions, universities and further education establishments and reputable lead companies.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer, and by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user.
You can find more about how cookies are used and opting out of their use at: cookies information.
Storage of personal data
We implement appropriate security measures to protect information from:
- unauthorised access or modification;
- alteration; or
Our security systems include password authenticated access to internal databases. We also encrypt and anonymise data wherever it is appropriate to do so. We regularly take back-ups of our data. We regularly review overall web security and audit procedures.
Our security measures include the following Information Security Management (“ISMS”) policies:
- ISMS policy: Acceptable Usage
- ISMS policy: Antivirus
- ISMS policy: Backup
- ISMS policy: Cloud Computing
- ISMS policy: Data Protection
- ISMS policy: Data Security Breach
- ISMS policy: Incident Management
- ISMS policy: Information Handling
- ISMS policy: Logical Access Control
- ISMS policy: Mobile Computing
- ISMS policy: Network and System Security
- ISMS policy: Password protection
- ISMS policy: Physical Security
- Information Technology Security policy: – Patch Management
In conforming with data protection laws, we endeavour to implement appropriate procedures to protect your personal data and to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of it. Our servers, on which your personal data is kept, are located in the United Kingdom or, in the case of our sister company Arrk Solutions Private Limited, India.
We use Adobe Systems Incorporated; Amazon.com, Inc; GitHub, Inc; Google, LLC; LinkedIn Corporation; Microsoft Corporation; to assist us in managing your data. While those companies are located in the United States, each of them has joined the Privacy Shield system allowing the processing of data by those company in accordance with the GDPR.
We also use the services of the following companies based in the European Union: Typeform SL. These companies, being based in the European Union are directly governed by the GDPR.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted via the internet between us: any such transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with relevant information, services of a type that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out the requirements of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to use the interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where you are an employee or job applicant to record details of your employment or application.
We are committed to responsible email practices. We only send email to individuals whose data has been lawfully and fairly obtained. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from us, please use the unsubscribe functionality contained in our communications. Alternatively, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your relevant personal information freely between the member companies of our group, which at the moment is Arrk Limited, Onevoice Digital Limited and Arrk Solutions Private Limited, a private limited company duly incorporated with registration number U72900MH2002FTC135091 under the laws of India, having its registered office at Unit No. 1 & 2, Building No. 5, Sector-2, Millennium Business Park, Mahape, Navi Mumbai, PIN 400710. This Privacy Notice applies to each of those companies and we reserve the right to freely pass the data between these companies. Arrk Limited (which is the parent company of Onevoice Digital Limited and Arrk Solutions Private Limited) and Arrk Solutions Private Limited have entered into a Model Form Contract based on the Standard Contractual Clauses on transfer of personal data to third countries as per Directive 95/46/EC of European Parliament and of the Council. This allows for the lawful transfer of your data to Arrk Solutions Private Limited.
We may disclose your relevant personal information to another software development company or third party organisation to whom we may be considering transferring the whole or part of our business or assets.
We may disclose your relevant personal information to the extent that we are under a duty to or it is proper to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
- comply with any legal obligation;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Arrk Limited, OneVoice Digital Limited and Arrk Solutions Private Limited, our customers, or others.
The data protection legislation gives you a number of rights. These rights include:
- Right to data erasure which is explained under the heading “How do I opt out” above.
- Right to make a “subject access request”, which is a request for a copy of the data which we hold about you.
- Right of correction (or where appropriate erasure) of data which we hold about you where this is inaccurate.
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw your future consent to our processing your personal data.
- Right to contact and make enquiries of our data protection co-ordinator who can be contacted at
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Please be aware that if you exercise one of these rights, that in order to protect your privacy, we may require you to undergo some verification tests to ensure that we are dealing with you.
- Contract – to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you. If we were not able to process this data we would be unable properly to perform our side of any actual or potential contract.
- Legitimate Interest – In order to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you and others, we need to collect, process and transfer personal data about you.
- Consent – Also, we may rely on your express consent for us to use your personal data.
We normally hold and process your data in accordance with the following criteria and duration:
|Source criteria of the data||Relevant Event date||Maximum duration of processing|
|Data collected for events||Date of event||12 months after the end of the year in which event took place|
|Data collected during case studies, white papers, articles, blogs, surveys and questionnaires and similar||The last date on which such case studies, white papers, articles and blog were hosted live on our websites||12 months after the end of the year in which such contents were withdrawn from our websites|
|Data collected when you correspond or similarly interact with us||The last date of such correspondence or interaction with us||12 months after the end of the year in which the last such correspondence or interaction took place|
|Data collected during recruitment processes where you are not employed||The last date on which we communicated in the recruitment process||12 months after the end of the year in which the said last date fell|
|Data collected during recruitment processes where you are employed||The last date of your employment||12 months after the end of the sixth year in which the last date of your employment fell|
|Data not falling into any of the categories above but otherwise collected about you from a third party||Last date on which we had contact with you||12 months after the end of the year in which the last date on which we had contact with you fell|
In addition, we may regularly purge personal data subject records which are not relevant on earlier occasions.
In any event we will stop the processing of your data where you ask us to do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The only circumstances in which we will not do so are where we have a legal obligation or a legitimate interest to continue processing your data.
Our websites and email bulletins may contain links to and from the websites of third parties including our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not set and are not responsible for those policies.
In common with the comparable companies we use your personal data to help Analytic Suppliers match relevant ads to you using the data analytics of those Analytic Suppliers. However, we only use the data in that way where you are a subscriber to the services of Analytic Suppliers and have therefore agreed to this service by acceding to the relevant Agreements of those Analytic Suppliers. Accordingly, we do not control the countries in which those Analytic Suppliers process data.
We mean by Analytic Suppliers companies such as: Facebook; Google; LinkedIn; Twitter and Microsoft. Analytic Suppliers supply us with statistical information on how users interact with our website to help us improve our user experience.